Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Y’s cause is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. To fulfill this promise, the Y requires strong cause-driven leadership to effect lasting personal and social change in our organization’s three areas of focus: youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. This means our leaders are committed to nurturing the unique potential of each child, promoting holistic healthy living for all ages, and fostering a sense of social responsibility and connectedness.
In conjunction with the Senior Executive Director, the Associate Executive Director of Youth & Community Programs provides cause-driven leadership and support to program directors, staff, volunteers, and community stakeholders. The Associate Executive Director directly manages the overall operations for the Stonestown Family YMCA focused in the areas of Youth Development: Family Programs, After-school Program, Camp, Preschool, Youth Sports, YKids, Teen Leadership, and other youth-focused community-based programs. This position serves as staff support to a volunteer committee of the branch board, and as a team member for various groups at the YMCA of San Francisco Association level, including the Youth Development POD and Executive Leadership Team and Executive Operations group.
This position involves management and leadership of all aspects of branch activity: Staff supervision & team building, volunteer relations, the annual community giving campaign, fiscal management, marketing and communications, program design and development, accounting and administration, grant management, facility management, community relations, program and membership operations, and continual improvement in the branch’s overall operating performance, fidelity, and community impact.
Salary range: $90,004 to $106,000 per year
- Minimum 21 years old
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional and community leadership experience (related experience)
- 5 years of experience with youth programs and in a supervisory role
- Previous budget management experience, including grant management
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills (required bilingual language skills if applicable)
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in English
- Microsoft Suite of products
- YSF approved CPR, First Aid and AED certification
- TB test clearance
- YMCA or non-profit leadership experience in a leadership role
- Licensed programming experience
- Day camp experience
- Existing relationships with SFUSD
- Bilingual skills in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Spanish
- Salesforce Suite of products
- Credits for After-School & CA State Licensing experience; Y-USA Multi-Team Leader Certification
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records