Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
Peninsula Y is seeking a Site Coordinator for the After School Programs at Portola Elementary & Rollingwood Elementary (SBPSD). The Site Coordinator will supervise the staff and programs of both sites.
Under the supervision of the Youth Program Director, the Site Coordinator is responsible for daily onsite supervision and program implementation of the After School Program (ASP). This position is responsible for helping to maintain a safe and welcoming after school site, ensuring a high level of program quality that will expose youth to various learning opportunities and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. The Site Coordinator emphasizes the development of the program's youth participants as well as its staff. The Site Coordinator creates an academic and enrichment-based program that is compliant with the Youth Development Principles of the YMCA of San Francisco and California State Licensing.
After School Program dates: must be able to work the remainder of the school year, through June 9, 2023.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Education, Social Services, or related field
- Available full-time, Monday-Friday, some weekends
- Must have at least two years of experience working with youth programs in supervisory role
- Current CPR and First Aid certification (training available upon hire)
- Fingerprint background check clearance
- TB Test clearance
- Must provide school transcripts documenting necessary qualifications for Community Care Licensing
- Proof of COVID Vaccination required
- 24+ units in ECE or related courses or trainings, 6 Admin units and 2 Adult Units or Site Supervisor permit qualified
- Demonstrate knowledge, familiarity, and experience working in or with schools within local school district
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or other languages
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records