YMakers is a STEAM-intensive youth development program. We put tools in the hands of youth and ideas in their heads. At each YMakers workshop, kids and adults get hands-on experience with basic woodworking and crafting tools while they build and make whatever they can dream up! Thoughtful, responsible, and SAFE making are at the heart of everything we do, so we open each session with practices that introduce and ingrain healthy habits of mind and muscle in our Makers. Past participant projects have included toys and games, gifts for others, home decor, tables, chairs, shelves, door signs, pencil holders and much much more!
There are several ways you can get involved and support the growth of YMakers at the Presidio Y and beyond!
1. Register your young Maker for one of our workshops at Winter, Spring, and Summer Camp
2. Invite us to your school via this online proposal form
3. Donate to our Annual Giving Campaign
4. Like us on Facebook and Instagram, and share with your friends!
5. Send us Gift cards to home improvement and crafting stores.
6. Give us what you don't need: We aim to be as sustainable as possible with our Maker work, and would love to take things off of your hands!
If you are interested in something other than our Maker's Monday Workshop or Camp Days, we will work with you to create your own workshop or project. Please take a moment to complete this online proposal form so we can move forward with planning your event!
YMakers Aftershool Workshops
Join YMakers on Mondays after school for woodworking and fun in the Breezeway at our Letterman Gym!
At each YMakers workshop students gain hands-on experience with basic woodworking and crafting tools. Makers are coached through designing and building their own projects, and they can learn more advanced tools and techniques by working on group projects led by YMakers staff. The theme for our group projects will be "Engineering Hacks!" We will study machines and electronics, dissect them, and reuse/rework/hack their components into our own contraptions.
MONDAYS 3:30PM - 5:30PM
Facility Member: $45
Community Participant: $55
Please register ahead of time - any drop in's will need to complete waiver before allowed to participate in program.
Registration is now open!