11TH ANNUAL JOG IN THE FOG
5K Family Fun Run
Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 8:00 AM in Mt. Lake Park
Our 11th annual race will take place Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 8 AM in Mt. Lake Park. ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE RICHMOND DISTRICT YMCA!
Participating in the race this year will not only show your support for the Richmond District YMCA, but you will also join a community of runners, joggers and walkers of all ages working toward the finish line together. This is a great opportunity to stay active while enjoying the beautiful coastal views our unique course has to offer.
The official Jog in the Fog race begins in Mt. Lake Park and finishes out at Lands End in the USS San Francisco Memorial Parking Lot. The course is 3.4 miles in length, and is mostly flat terrain but there are some hills and stairs in the Lands End portion of the course.
(note that Google Maps think it’s longer than 3.4 miles but we’ve clocked it with a GPS, it’s 3.4 miles)
Make a Gift
Proceeds from the Richmond District Jog in the Fog 5k will go to the Richmond District YMCA.
The Y is unlike any other organization in its ability to deliver comprehensive support to all ages at all points of life.
From early childhood, through school years, into early employment, throughout adulthood and on, the Y ensures that everyone has the opportunity to reach their fullest potential and thrive with dignity.
Unwavering support from members and donors has made the YMCA of San Francisco a leader among Bay Area social service organizations. Driven by our shared vision of possibility, the Y partners with individuals, families, businesses and communities to provide equitable access to the programs, services and supports that lead to better futures for youth, families, seniors and our entire community.
Creating Opportunities for Youth
Together, we can ensure every young person develops the capabilities needed to become economically productive, cultivate sustainable livelihoods, contribute to a peaceful and democratic society, and maintain their individual wellbeing.
Through your support, the YMCA provides children and their families with:
- Social-emotional development during the most formative early years of life
- Academic supports at each stage of learning that ensure every child can be successful in school and life
- Outdoor and enrichment opportunities that build healthy habits and a meaningful connection to nature
- Skill-building and guidance for teens that open pathways to successful careers and foster community engagement
Fostering Wellbeing at Every Age
Together, we can ensure everyone, at every age, receives the supports needed to live productive, healthy and empowered lives.
Through your support, the YMCA provides youth, adults and seniors with:
- Resources that alleviate food insecurity and promote healthy nutrition
- Services that build resilience, maintain social connection, and care for overall mental wellbeing
- Tools that support physical wellness and combat chronic disease
Building Equity with Our Communities
Together, we can ensure everyone has access to opportunities that combat social inequality, heal wounds caused by ideological polarization, and alleviate the effects of growing economic divides.
Through your support, the YMCA provides communities with:
- Safe spaces that celebrate diversity and encourage cultural understanding
- Programs, services and supports that level the playing field and disrupt the cycles of poverty
- Advocacy for meaningful change to the systemic issues that reinforce injustice and inequity
Each of us – families, professionals, companies, schools – has a role to play in creating a better future for our community.
Make this future a reality. Invest in your community today.
Not planning on running but still want to help us with Jog in the Fog on race day? We’d love it! We’re looking for volunteers to help with a variety of tasks:
- Racecourse monitors (help direct and cheer on runners along the course)
- Start and finish line volunteers (help check in runners, hand out water, t-shirts etc.)
Crissie aims to create opportunities for people of all ages to feel connected and find opportunities to give back to their community.