Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for demonstrating the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility while delivering impactful wellness services to participants. The end result of their instruction is to effect a positive change in the wellness of the members of the YMCA of San Francisco, and surrounding communities. This position requires enthusiasm and a desire to motivate and help others to improve upon or attain their health and wellness goals. It is concerned primarily with maintaining a safe, quality program following guidelines set by the YMCA of the USA, ACE, AFAA or other approved fitness governing bodies.
In the Y, the cause-Driven Leader is the ambassador of Y culture and a role model of our service and engagement principles.
We are hiring Group Exercise Instructors for various modalities.
Salary range: $29.00 to $40.00 per hour
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must possess strong communication, program planning, team building and leadership skills.
- Must have a good understanding of the YMCA movement, mission, and vision.
- Within 30 days of hire:
- Obtain Y approved CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Complete Y-USA Learning and Career Development Center (LCDC) e-learnings: Foundations of Listen First, Orientation to Healthy Living at the Y, Principles of Member Health & Wellness and Group Exercise at the Y.
- See “Group Exercise Instructor Certification requirements” addendum for list of required fitness certification
- Availability to sub on-call mornings, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Flexibility to teach and/or sub at multiple branches.
- You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Position requires the ability to lead Group Exercise programs by demonstrating class content. Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds in order to perform essential functions. Position may require physical activity that may require sitting, lifting, stooping, crouching, bending, leaning and/or kneeling on an occasional basis
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records