Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Group Exercise Director the Group Exercise Instructor will provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for class participants. Develop a class that meets current industry standards, displays proper use of equipment and the knowledge necessary to progress participants safely within parameters of the modality. Develops a fun, participant centered class with appropriate music that is updated regularly. Engages participants with eye contact, verbal and non-verbal cueing and motivational coaching. Presents a welcoming environment and maintains an approachable demeanor.
We are looking for instructors in the following modalities:
- Water Fitness
- Les Mills Bodypump
- Active Older Adult
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- CPR/AED/First Aid within 30 days of hire*
- Current knowledge of exercise protocol as well as exercise contra-indications
- Experience and certification in Group Exercise class instruction (YMCA, AFAA, ACE, AEA, ACSM, etc.)
- Complete all required trainings included but not limited to: New Employee Orientation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Child abuse prevention, Slips/trips/fall)
- Attend all staff meetings and inform supervisor when unable to do so
- *or first available training
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.