Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
This position will provide supportive case management services. This position will require the administration and coordination of services that promote family engagement at all levels. Outreach is an important component to this position and engaging and closely working with community partners as well as HOPESF to promote inclusion and cohesion is required. The overall goal of the Family Advocate is to engage families with supportive services that will promote family safety, stability, and well-being. Proactive engagement and outreach skills are essential in assisting and connecting the clients to utilizing on-site services and community resources to support their safety and stability.
This position's regular work hours are Monday-Friday, however, some nights and weekends are required and flexibility is a must.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- At least two years of experience working with underserved, high-risk, and isolated populations.
- One year or more of providing direct domestic violence/client services and community engagement is strongly preferred.
- Possess domestic violence certification or able to obtain certification within six months of hire date.
- This position requires someone with outstanding work habits: punctual, consistency, cooperative, and team oriented.
- Group Facilitation experience strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Cantonese/ mandarin is preferred.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records