Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
We provide delivery services for seniors and disabled adults all over San Francisco’s District 11. The OMI Family Resource Center provides outstanding customer service and delivers Grocery bags every Tuesday afternoon. The food that is delivered is provided by the SF Marin Food Bank. The driver for the OMI FRC is the face of the Home Delivered Groceries (HDG) program and the point of contact. Our team understands first impressions and reflect this in our professional appearances and everyday positive demeanor.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
- Must be available every Tuesday from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 2+ years driving experience
- Clean driving record and CA Class C Drivers License
- Must be able provide proof of personal auto with limits of $100,000 per occurrence/$300,000 aggregate. Certificate of insurance must be provided upon hire and annually.
- Must be enrolled in and clear the CA Department of Motor Vehicle Pull Notice program
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records