Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Director, the Bilingual Family Counselor (BFC) is responsible for supporting the ongoing development and implementation of the Family Resource Center. This position is concerned with the delivery of services in the community. To this end the BFC must have the interpersonal skills to interact effectively with families identified as being at risk for abuse/neglect or out of home placement as well as other community resources that may be of assistance to the families.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with the target population
- The incumbent must possess an active registration or license through the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Experience working with families and youth in one on one and group settings
- Familiarity and experience in client interviewing, assessment, and service plan development
- Familiarity and experience with target populations.
- Familiarity and experience working in or with First 5, DCYF, HAS and community-based agencies.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated follow through on tasks: multi-project/multi-task orientation.
- Ability to clearly document outcome and data per program protocols
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, and generational backgrounds.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor, pleasant personality, and a sense of humor
- Experience with Trauma Informed Care and Conflict Resolution is preferred
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.