Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
Mission YMCA is seeking full-time Academic Linked Day Program Leader for Monroe Elementary - 260 Madrid St, San Francisco, 94112.
The Linked Day Program leader is responsible for cultivating a positive and mutually beneficial school day/afterschool program partnership through intentional work during structured and unstructured times of the school day. The Linked Day Program is an academic support program intended to serve the needs of our schools lowest performing students and English Learners by providing literacy interventions during the school day and support them in making significant gains in reading, writing, and math throughout the year. Additionally, we aim to support these students during the afterschool hours. During afterschool time, the Linked Day leader is responsible for running a classroom of approximately 20 students during enrichment and homework time. The Academic Intervention Linked Day program leader works in consult with the instructional leadership of the school to achieve these goals.
Salary Range: $19.50 to $22 per hour
- 18 years or older
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree or equivalent, or a Pass on After School For All-Excel Qualification Exam (No Child Left Behind- NCLB)
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality After School opportunities to youth
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development
- Available Mondays-Fridays (some weekends)
- Experience working with Elementary or Middle School students
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification (can complete upon hire)
- Fingerprint background check clearance
- TB Test clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with teaching credential or passing score on NCLB exam
- Experience with EPs, SSTs, 504s and all other interventions and accommodation plans
- Knowledge of San Francisco Unified School district reading and writing assessments and curriculum
- Connections in the local San Francisco community
- Interest in pursuing a career in primary and/or secondary education
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, or other languages
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records