YMCA Scholars Camps
YMCA SCHOLARS CAMPS PROVIDE DISTANCE LEARNING SUPPORT AND ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES FOR STUDENTS DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR.
Priority populations for YMCA Scholars Camps include:
- Essential workers
- Youth in foster care
- Homeless youth
- Youth in public housing
- English language learners
- Low income African American, Latinx or Asian Pacific Islander families
Please note we have limited space in these programs.
|Dates||Payment Due Dates||Refund Deadline|
|Session 3||*10/13-11/06||9/28, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20||10/2|
Payments are due 2 weeks prior to the week of program
Youth are required to attend a minimum of 3 weeks of program per DPH guidelines
For session 3, latest start date is October 19th or will have to wait till the next session starts on 11/9
$50 non-refundable deposit due at time of registration
After Tuesday, the week before program starts will have to pay for week #1 (for session 3: 10/6)
After Wednesday of the first week of program, entire session is non-refundable (for session 3: 10/14)
*10/12 is Indigenous People's Day and all programs will be CLOSED for that day
7:00-9:00 AM Morning Extended Care
9:00-9:15 AM Introductions/Daily Schedule/Expectations
9:15-10:15 AM Academics*
10:15-10:30 AM Brain Break
10:30-11:30 AM Academics
11:30-11:45 AM Brain Break
11:45-12:00 PM Clean Up / Lunch Prep
12:00-12:30 PM Lunch (No lunch will be provided, please pack a lunch and snacks for your child)
12:30-1:00 PM Supervised Free Time
1:00-4:00 PM Afternoon Enrichment
4:00-6:00 PM Evening Extended Care
Full Day Program Information
|Grades||Hours||Facility Member||Community Member|
|Marin YMCA: Rancho Elementary School||TK-5||7 AM-6 PM||$355/week||$425/week|
|Marin YMCA: Wade Thomas Elementary School||TK-5||7 AM-6 PM||$355/week||$425/week|
|Marin YMCA: Sun Valley Elementary School||TK-5||7AM-6PM||$355/week||$425/week|
|Presidio YMCA: Letterman Gym||K-6||8 AM-4 PM||$285/week||$350/week|
|Stonestown YMCA||K-6||8 AM-4 PM||$285/week||$350/week|
|Richmond YMCA||K-6||8 AM-5 PM||$285/week||$350/week|
|Peninsula YMCA||K-5||9 AM-5 PM||$285/week||$350/week|
|Peninsula YMCA: Parkside Middle School*||TK-8||8 AM-5 PM||$285/week||$350/week|
Morning Program Information (Academics Only)
Priority for teachers in Marin County
|Site||Grades||Hours||Facility Member||Community Member|
|Marin YMCA: Rancho Elementary School||TK-5||8 AM-2 PM||$225/week||$270/week|
|Marin YMCA: Wade Thomas||TK-5||8 AM-2 PM||$225/week||$270/week|
$75/week (Please email a copy of your free/reduced lunch letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
|Financial Assistance||Varies per family. Please complete the financial aid application and email it to email@example.com. Allow 7 days for processing.|
Stay Up To Date!
Fill out this form to subscribe to receive emails about YMCA Youth and Family Programs.
Who is eligible for YMCA Scholars Camps?
- Essential workers
- Youth in foster care
- Homeless youth
- Youth in public housing
- English Language Learners
- Low income families
- African American, Latinx, Asian Pacific Islanders
Where will YMCA Scholars Camps be offered?
- Marin- Rancho Elementary School
- Marin- Wade Thomas Elementary School
- Point Bonita YMCA of San Francisco
- Peninsula YMCA
- Parkside Middle School – San Bruno
Will I be guaranteed the site of my choice?
Each site has a maximum capacity based on the space available. We will do our best to place youth in the program of choice; but once a site reaches capacity, another site will be given.
What ages are YMCA Scholars Camps?
Varies by site – TK-8th.
Will lunch be provided?
Lunch will not be provided. Please pack your child a daily lunch and snacks.
How do I register for YMCA Scholars Camps?
Log in to the community portal at community.ymcasf.org to register.
What is the process for financial assistance?
Families will need to complete the Financial Assistance Application. You can download the application here: Financial Assistance Application Form. Upon completion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the application along with any supporting paperwork. Please allow 7 days for processing.
Can I just drop in?
No. You must be screened, register and attend the full session.
Is there a waitlist? If so, how will I be notified?
There will be a waitlist – you will be contacted via email if space opens and have 24 hours to claim your space.
What will children be doing during YMCA Scholars Camps?
- Morning will be spent supporting distance learning and general academic support
- Afternoon will be a variety of enrichments such as STEAM, Art, Physical Education, Outdoor Education, YBike, etc
Who is staffing YMCA Scholars Camps?
- Our YMCA youth development staff, all of whom have been fingerprinted, background checked, and have received additional training in Covid-19 policies and procedures.
- Daily Covid-19 health screening survey to be completed by staff.
- Staff will undergo daily temperature checks.
- Staff will observe frequent and scheduled hand washing protocols.
- Staff will wear a mask while in program.
- Staff will wear gloves when assisting children.
Can you explain wellness checks?
- All youth will be required to complete a daily health check at drop including a temperature check and brief wellness survey.
- Immediately after check-in staff and campers will be required to wash their hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- Any items brought from home will also be sanitized after arrival at camp.
Can you explain increased cleaning/sanitizing procedures?
- High volume surfaces such as doorknobs, water fountains, door handles, tables, and bathrooms will be sanitized hourly or more as needed.
- Campers and staff will have hand washing scheduled after every activity.
- Each youth will have their own set of supplies while at program.
- Shared materials will immediately be wiped down after use.
- Toys or materials that are difficult to clean (ex. playdough, stuffed animals) will not be allowed at program.
- A professional cleaning company will clean and sanitize all spaces at the end of the day.
What are the drop-off and pick-up procedures?
- Drop off and pick up will take place at the door – no parent/guardian will be allowed to enter the facility.
- One parent/guardian – one child – only one parent/guardian may drop off a child at a time.
- If multiple families arrive at once, you will be asked to wait a minimum of 6 feet for your turn in line.
- Parents/guardians must wear a mask to drop off pick up.
- A detailed summary of drop off/pick up will be included in your site specific welcome letter.
What about Physical Distancing?
- Groups will not exceed current county/city guidelines
- Groups will no co-mingle
- Absences from camp will be monitored
- Program will be set up to maintain 6’ of physical distancing as much as possible
- Program activities have been modified to ensure they can be run safely and ‘touch free’
- All field trips have been canceled
- Hugging, holding hands, etc are not permitted
What is the mask policy?
- Staff must wear a mask 100% of the time
- Youth 3 years and older must wear a mask 100% of the time
What if someone in program becomes sick?
- If a staff or youth become sick in program they will be isolated from the group immediately
- Parent/guardian will be called for immediate pick up
- Please have an emergency contact available for immediate pick up
- Youth/staff may not return to the program until:
- They have had no symptoms for a minimum of 72 hours
- If Covid-19 symptoms exist you may be asked for a negative test to return
What happens if I need to miss a week?
- Our scholars camp program is only open to youth who need to attend a minimum of 3 weeks
- If you miss more than 3 days without contacting the site; you will lose your spot in the program.
- Our groups need to remain static for the duration of the program; if you need to miss a week you may have to be re-screened before returning to program.
If my child gets sick and cannot attend camp, will I be refunded for those weeks?
- We pay for supplies, staffing, and administrative costs based on the number of youth we have in program. In the case that your child becomes ill during program we can consider a partial refund.
- The $50 deposit is non-refundable under all circumstances.
- If you need to cancel; please do so by the cancellation deadline on the registration form to receive a refund minus the deposit.
- If your child gets sick after the deadline and cannot attend camp please submit a doctor’s note to be considered for a partial refund.
- If your child is out sick, they may not return until they have not had symptoms for 72 hours
Will Y staff be tested for COVID-19?
Staff will receive daily health checks, but are not required to be tested for COVID-19.