The Service Connectors offer comprehensive services to low-income adults in San Francisco to address their individual needs. We work collaboratively with the individuals to create service plans that allow them to reach their goals in employment, education, housing stability, and financial planning. The Service Connector team also provides crisis interventions and support to help lift families out of poverty. Services are provided at four (4) office locations in San Francisco.
What We Offer
- Case Management
- Connection to Services, Information, and Referrals
- Education Planning & Financial Literacy
- Basic Needs Assistance
- PG&E REACH Applications
The Urban Services YMCA of San Francisco Service Connection Program focuses on strengthening individuals & families residing within the Potrero Hill, Western Addition and Oceanview, Merced Heights, Ingleside (OMI) communities, with an emphasis on housing stability, economic mobility, job readiness, education, health outcomes, & safety.
Service Connection Includes:
• Outreach to engage residents and families
• In-depth needs assessment
• Personalized individual service plans
• Enhanced referrals to services
• Resident Education about tenancy expectations
• Wrap-around supports to encourage residents’ successful engagement with services
• Collecting & reporting data on referrals, progress, & outcomes
• Coordination with City health & welfare staff to improve resident outcomes
Service Connector Coordinator
What I enjoy the most about the work I do is being able to provide an extension of myself to the communities we serve. Although born and raised in Los Angeles, The Y of San Francisco has given me the unique opportunity to meet with people that are seeking a positive change in their life, as I did once before.