What is Pilates Reformer?
Pilates training focuses on the quality of movement, breathing, and integration of the core postural muscles transforming the way your body looks, feels and performs! Pilates helps to develop strength, flexibility, endurance, coordination and balance without adding muscle bulk. Participants will find a solid offering of many exercises that explore all the possible positions and standard exercises taught on the Reformer. Classes are designed to provide a solid foundation, all-around muscle conditioning, as well as a workout and are suitable for pre and post natal care.
Benefits of Pilates Reformer
Participants will find a solid offering of many exercises that explore all the possible positions and standard exercises taught on the Reformer. Our classes are designed to provide a solid foundation, all-around muscle conditioning, as well as a workout
- Individualized program adapted as personal requirements change. Designed to cater for individual needs.
- Uses some mat work as well as special apparatus (reformer, tower, wunda chair) and studio aids (therabands, balls, etc.).
- More or less assistance, resistance, and exercise intensity can be easily created using the machines (e.g, using spring resistance, changing the center of gravity, size and base of support and lever length).
- The machines and the personalized attention make it easier to increase exercise complexity, challenging coordination, dynamic strength and flexibility.
- Range and type of movement more easily challenged with use of machines.
- Excellent for rehabilitation, re-patterning movement.
Pilates Reformer Training
Our skilled Pilates Reformer instructors sincerely care about helping you maximize your workouts in a safe supportive environment. Training sessions will correspond to the needs and fitness levels of each client and will focus on individual goals. After assessing your needs, your personal instructor will coach you through motivating and effective exercise sessions. Focuses include: improved muscular strength and endurance , lower back and core strengthening.
Pilates Reformer Class Descriptions
Pilates Reformer Beginner ($)
This class will be coached on technique, alignment, and core control while building the strength, stamina, and repertoire required to participate in Pilates Reformer small group classes. Perfect for the absolute beginner and an excellent technique tune-up for those getting back into practice.
Pilates Reformer Mixed ($)
This class is open to those interested in deepening their Pilates practice, as well as being challenging to those with more experience. A full-body workout is the goal, and you will get results from this intense class!
Pilates Reformer Level 2 ($)
This intermediate workout provides variations on Beginner and Mixed repertoire and expands the clients' coordination and precision while challenging the core strength in new ways. Class participants taking this session should have completed at least one month of Mixed Level or Beginner classes.
Pilates Reformer Jump Board ($)
Supplement your regular cardio routine with a full-body strengthening Jump Board class—a non-weight bearing workout that challenges your mind and body. The tempo is quicker than a typical Pilates session and your coordination ability will be put to the test!
For class days and times please visit Group Exercise Class Schedule.