Adults Tennis at the Presidio Y
YMCA Facility Members can reserve time for personal use on our open tennis courts in the Presidio. ALL Presidio YMCA Tennis Court locations are open for member reservations 7:00am-10:00pm, everyday.
Cardio Tennis, Private and Semi-private Tennis Lessons have resumed for active Y members! Please email RCarson@ymcasf.org for more information or to schedule a lesson.
We are currently unable to offer Drop-in Clinics, following the Health and Safety Protocols for Adult Recreational Sports set forth by the City and County of San Francisco Department of Public Health. Please see our Tennis Policies and Procedures section below for more information.
For information about Youth Tennis, please visit our Youth Sports Presidio webpage.
We look forward to seeing you at the tennis courts!
Cardio Tennis is a high-energy group fitness activity combining the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout.
We have classes for intermediate and beginner-intermediate level players taught by our Tennis pros every week. For beginner tennis players we recommend a series of private or group lessons with one of our USPTA/PTR certified tennis instructors.
- Cardio Tennis classes are available to active, paying YMCA members.
- Classes are limited to 8 participants.
- A simple coronavirus questionnaire and touchless temperature check upon arrival will be required.
- Please wear proper tennis shoes with proper tennis specific soles (no running shoes or cross-trainers).
- Registration is through the MindBody App, website, or the schedule below. If you are using the app or website, once you have logged in, please select the Presidio Community YMCA location to find the Cardio Tennis class time you wish to join.
- Members will be charged the $14 registration fee through their YMCA of SF membership account after the class.
Intermediate Level Class Times:
- Tuesdays - 12:00-1:00PM
- Fridays - 12:00-1:00PM
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL Cardio Tennis is a social class designed for players between intermediate and intermediate-advanced levels and is taught by a pro.
LOCATION: All Intermediate Cardio Classes ar held at the Infantry Terrace Courts (328 Infantry Terrace, San Francisco, CA, 94129).
Beginner-Intermediate Level Class Times:
Sundays - 3:00-4:00PM @ Ruger Court
BEGINNER-INTERMEDIATE LEVEL Cardio Tennis is designed for recreational beginner-intermediate and USTA rated 2.5 to 3.0 level players. If you are a beg.-int. level recreational player who plays one time per week and can hit several ground strokes and volleys per rally with other players then this is the class for you! This class is not suited to beginner tennis players.
LOCATION: Beginner-Intermediate Cardio Classes ar held at the Ruger Court (563 Ruger St, San Francisco, CA, 94129)
Cardio Tennis Schedule
Make a reservation up to two days in advance for all of our in-person Group Exercise and Cardio Tennis Classes. Click here for instructions.
Private Tennis Lessons
1 hour private and semi-private lessons are available and taught by our certified USPTA instructors. For more information or to schedule lessons, please contact our Tennis Coordinator, Rich Carson
Private (one-on-one) Lesson Rates:
$340/4-pack of lessons
$680/8-pack of lessons
- Group of 2, Per Person Rate: $50/hour ($180/4-pack, $360/8-pack)
- Group of 3, Per Person Rate: $40/hour ($140/4-pack, $280/8-pack)
- Group of 4, Per Person Rate: $35/hour ($120/4-pack, $240/8-pack)
Presidio YMCA Private Tennis Lesson Policies:
Must be an active YMCA Facility Member to schedule private lessons.
All tennis lesson requests and scheduling must be made by contacting the Presidio YMCA Tennis Coordinator, Rich Carson (RCarson@ymcasf.org)
Non-YMCA coaches and guest instructors are not allowed to coach any clients on Presidio YMCA tennis courts
All private lesson packages have an expiration of 3 months from the purchase date.
Private lessons require a 24 hour cancelation notice or you will be charged for the lesson.
Tennis Policies & Procedures
Courts are currently only open for reservation and use by players with active YMCA Facility Memberships. Please read our current Tennis Court Guidelines, below, before reserving a court.
The YMCA of San Francisco’s primary focus as it reactivates its health & wellness spaces is the safety and well-being of its members and staff. These guidelines and expectations are designed to maximize current public health recommendations related to outdoor recreation and member health. Working together, we can keep our courts open and keep our community healthy.
Presidio YMCA Guidelines for Tennis Court Use:
- Players over the age of 10 and staff are required to wear a mask, pursuant to the Health Officer’s Face Covering Order, when anyone else other than members of their household or living unit is within six feet. Players aged 3 to 9 years of age should wear a mask as often as they are safely able, and should be under the supervision of an adult.
- All players are required to wear appropriate tennis shoes.
- Stay at least six feet apart from anyone outside your household or living unit:
- Players should arrive to the facility no more than ten (10) minutes prior to their reservation time and must leave the facility immediately after play and no later than the end of their reservation time.
- Players waiting to enter the court for their reserved time must remain outside the court until all previous players exit.
- Limit sharing of equipment between players outside of the same household or living unit.
- Sanitize your hands and personal equipment frequently, and before and after each use. Sanitizer dispensers are available inside all court entrances and players should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Players should use the facilities at their home prior to travel to the court. To support the health and safety of our Tennis Pros, portable restrooms are for Y staff exclusive use.
- Players should bring their own water for hydration; no shared water containers. All water dispensers will be removed to prevent touching.
- Players should not use the courts if:
- They exhibit any symptoms associated with the coronavirus: (mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC). If sick, stay home; contact health care provider.
- They have been in contact with someone with COVID‐19 in the last 14 days.
- Players must reserve a court time online by using our court reservation system. SEE BELOW for important information regarding reservations.
- No commercial, business, or other activity (lessons, etc.) except by YMCA of San Francisco Staff
- If you encounter an issue with the courts or reservation system, please contact Hannah Bartee at HBartee@ymcasf.net or Rich Carson at RCarson@ymcasf.org
- In the event of a life-threatening emergency, CALL 911. For non-life-threatening emergencies, please call Park Dispatch at 415-561-5505
Additional Court Reservation Information
You must have an active YMCA Facilities Membership to schedule a private lesson, use the tennis courts and to create a user account for our reservation system.
WHAT IF MY MEMBERSHIP IS CANCELED?
If you have canceled or placed your membership on hold and would like to reactivate it at this time, please contact our Business Resource Center by emailing: email@example.com, or by calling 415-772-5500 during their business hours (8:30am-5pm, Mon.-Fri).
More Reservation Policies & Procedures
- Members must reserve a court time online by using our court reservation system: presidioymca.tennisbookings.com.
- Courts are currently available for reservation 7:00am-10:00pm, everyday.
- Fort Scott and Infantry Terrace court locations have lights - keep up your evening play, even as the days get shorter!
- Members must follow the Tennis Policies & Procedures listed above.
- ALL reservations (including 30 minute, 60 minute, and 90 minute reservations) have a $6.00 court reservation fee, and are limited to one reservation per day, per member.
- Reservations can be made as early as 2 days in advance and can be canceled up 24 hours after the start time of the reservation (the $6.00 court fee will still apply in the case of uncancelled court reservations).
- Reservations on wet or rainy days are NOT automatically canceled and must be deleted by the member who booked the court. For members who experience difficulty canceling a reservation through presidioymca.tennisbookings.com can reach out to our Tennis Coodinator, RCarson@ymcasf.org
- No guests allowed at this time; only active YMCA Facility Members allowed to play.
- Gate key lockbox codes used to access the courts are made available to members when they place a reservation. YMCA staff will regularly disinfect gate door handles and lockboxes.
Director of Sports & Community Programs
Hannah is dedicated to building strong youth and families through activities that keep both their bodies and their minds active. She believes that engaging youth in programs that help them explore new interests and build skills will inspire self-confidence and grow resilient communities.