Adults Tennis at the Presidio Y
Due to several Bay Area fires, we are monitoring the Air Quality Index (AQI), and will modify or cancel tennis as AQI reaches unhealthy levels.
YMCA Facility Members can reserve time for personal use on our open tennis courts in the Presidio. ALL Presidio YMCA Tennis Court locations are open for member reservations 7:00am-8:00pm, everyday.
NO BALL MACHINE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME, per SFDPH Health Directive. Please see our Tennis Policies and Procedures section below for more information.
We are currently unable to offer Group Clinics, Cardio Tennis classes, Drop-in Clinics, Semi-Private Lessons, USTA seasons, or our Ball Machine Club due to health and safety restrictions related to COVID-19.
Tennis Policies & Procedures
Courts are currently only open for reservation and use by players with active YMCA Facility Memberships. Please read our current Tennis Court Guidelines, below, before reserving a court.
The YMCA of San Francisco’s primary focus as it reactivates its health & wellness spaces is the safety and well-being of its members and staff. These guidelines and expectations are designed to maximize current public health recommendations related to outdoor recreation and member health. Working together, we can keep our courts open and keep our community healthy.
Presidio YMCA Guidelines for Tennis Court Use:
- The following play is allowed on the courts:
- Singles tennis between any two (2) active YMCA Facility Members.
- Doubles tennis only if all players are members of the same household or living unit.
- No other sports are currently allowed, including pickleball.
- Players over the age of 12 and/or staff are required to wear a mask, pursuant to the Health Officer’s Face Covering Order, when not actively playing.
- All players are required to wear appropriate tennis shoes.
- Stay at least six feet apart from anyone outside your household or living unit, no gatherings and no spectators:
- Players should arrive to the facility no more than ten (10) minutes prior to their reservation time and must leave the facility immediately after play and no later than the end of their reservation time.
- Players waiting to enter the court for their reserved time must remain outside the court until all previous players exit.
- Players must enter and exit only through the gate marked with their reserved court number.
- No extra-curricular or social activity should take place on or around the tennis courts.
- A player who is a minor may be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- No equipment is to be shared between players outside of the same household or living unit.
- Players will only serve and touch their own tennis balls. When another player’s ball needs to be returned to them, it will be rolled or hit to them with a racket, without touching the ball in any way.
- Each player will mark their balls with clear and unique markings. Players should bring at least six balls for rotation during play.
- NO BALL MACHINE AVAILABLE.
- Practice personal hygiene to protect self and others:
- Cover coughs and sneezes into your sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash/sanitize your hands and personal equipment frequently, and before and after each use. Sanitizer dispensers are available inside all court entrances and players should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Players should use the facilities at their home prior to travel to the court. All portable restrooms will remain closed to reduce high touch areas.
- Players should bring their own water for hydration; no shared water containers. All water dispensers will be removed to prevent touching.
- Players should not use the courts if:
- They exhibit any symptoms associated with the coronavirus: (mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC). If sick, stay home; contact health care provider.
- They have been in contact with someone with COVID‐19 in the last 14 days.
- High risk persons should continue to shelter at place of residence.
- Players must reserve a court time online by using our court reservation system. SEE BELOW for important information regarding reservations.
- No commercial, business, or other activity (lessons, etc.) except by YMCA of San Francisco Staff
- If you encounter an issue with the courts or reservation system, please contact Hannah Bartee, Director of Sports & Community Programs, Presidio Community YMCA, by email: HBartee@ymcasf.org
- In the event of a life-threatening emergency, CALL 911. For non-life-threatening emergencies, please call Park Dispatch at 415-561-5505
You must have an active YMCA Facilities Membership to use the tennis courts and to create a user account for our reservation system.
WHAT IF MY MEMBERSHIP IS ON HOLD or CANCELED?
If you have canceled or placed your membership on hold and would like to reactivate it at this time, please contact our Business Resource Center by emailing: email@example.com, or by calling 415-772-5500 during their business hours (8:30am-5pm, Mon.-Fri).
More Reservation Policies & Procedures
- We are able to open our outdoor tennis courts before we are able to open our indoor fitness facilities and are unable to provide registration support over the phone. Members must reserve a court time online by using our court reservation system: presidioymca.tennisbookings.com.
- Courts are currently available for reservation 7:00am-8pm, everyday.
- Reservations can be made as early as 48 hours in advance and cannot be canceled within 2 hours prior to the reservation (the $6.00 court fee will still apply in the case of uncancelled court reservations).
- ALL reservations (including 30 minute, 60 minute, and 90 minute reservations) have a $6.00 court reservation fee, and are limited to one reservation per day, per member.
- No guests allowed at this time; only active YMCA Facility Members allowed to play.
- Gate key lockbox codes used to access the courts are made available to members when they place a reservation. YMCA staff will regularly disinfect gate door handles and lockboxes.