Who We Are
The Community Resource Center of the YMCA serves families residing in Brisbane, South San Francisco, and San Bruno. We provide individuals and families with basic emergency and support services to stabilize their living situations. We provide clients with crisis intervention and referrals based on an evaluation of their needs and qualifications for assistance. We provide a safety net of services to San Mateo County residents in need of food, emergency housing assistance, emergency utility assistance, shelter and other basic needs.
What We Offer
Our comprehensive services are geared to be responsive and flexible enough to address each family’s unique needs. We work collaboratively with families to create service plans that empower and support families to strengthen social, emotional and physical well-being.
Resources to support individuals and families:
- Food Programs: Pantry, Family Harvest, and Produce Mobile
- Housing Assistance
- Security Deposit
- 1st Month’s rent
- Delinquent Rent
- Utility Assistance
- PG&E, Water, Garbage
- Car Repair
- Homeless Resources & Shelter
- Single and Family
- Clothing Referrals
- Housing and Employment Information
- Community Resources/Referrals
- Holiday/Seasonal Events
- Diaper Program
- Parenting Groups
- Mental Health Resources
Direct assistance to homeless families and individuals:
- Shelter placements for homeless families and adults through the Coordinated Entry System (CES)
- Advocacy and assistance to families for transitional to permanent housing
- If you are looking for shelter when the CRC is closed please call 2-1-1 or visit any of the other Core Agencies in San Mateo County
Access to benefits and health care
- Screening and assistance for government benefits and programs
- Enrollment in health care plans
- Integration of mental health services for low and moderate income families at the Youth Service Bureaus and at a child’s school
Please call, email, or visit during open hours the Community Resource Center of the YMCA to find out more about the services offered.
1486 Huntington Avenue, Suite 100
South San Francisco, CA 94080
(650) 276-4101 EXT.4
For immediate assistance
**In case of an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Food Distribution at our office:
2nd and 4th Thursday 781 Tennis Dr. (Orange Park) from 2-3pm
Food Distribution at 201 W. Orange SSF
4th Wednesday of the month 10:30am-11:30am
Food Distribution at 299 Country Club SSF
3rd Friday of the month 1:30pm-2:30pm
Bay Area Legal Aid: Provides free legal assistance to low-income domestic violence survivors in divorce, child custody, restraining orders, and immigration matters. Please visit https://baylegal.org/ to learn more.
Second Harvest Food Bank- For information about grocery, grocery delivery, and meal programs throughout the County, contact the Food Connection Hotline at: 800-984-3663 or visit SHFB.
Public Assistance Programs- For information about Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWorks, and General Assistance, visit Human Services Agency located at 1487 Huntington Avenue. South San Francisco, CA 94080 or call 800-223-8383, or email email@example.com
General Information- For information and referral for health and human services or for non-medical questions about COVID-19, contact 211 at: 2-1-1 (or 800-273-6222) or text your zip code to: 898211.