Due to local health and safety guidance, our pools will be closed beginning Tuesday, November 17.
We look forward to reactivating our pool as soon as it is safe and public health guidelines allow. We will continue to offer health and wellness programming, including group exercise, strength training and cardio equipment.
Rec Swim and Lap Lanes for Swimming, Water Walking & Jogging
Lap Lane and Rec Swim reservations are available to YMCA of San Francisco active paying members only and advanced registration is required. To complete your registration please login to your member portal account at YMCA of San Francisco Community up to 48 hours in advance of the reservation time. Lap Lanes are limited to just one person per lane and a few members per hour per pool.
What to know
- After your 50 minute reservation ends, you will have 10 minutes to change and exit the building.
- You are permitted to use your lap lane in the pool only during your reserved time.
- Pool equipment such as lifejackets, pull-buoys and kickboards will not be provided. You are encouraged to bring your own.
- Maximum capacity for pools is based on the number of lanes.
- Lap Lane availability and usage will be determined by pool set-up.
- No towels will be available. You are encouraged to bring your own.
- Depending on the branch, you may be asked to follow a distinct flow of traffic. You may also be asked to enter/exit at different points.
- All swimmers must rinse off before entering the pool. This will be enforced by staff.
- Please enter, exit, and rest at the designated point of your lane.
- Adults 18+ years old only per City and County of San Francisco health order.
- Please maintain 6 ft of physical distancing at all times.
- Face mask/covering required in the facility and on deck until entering the pool.
For more information on locker room and shower usage, Mandatory Health Screenings, and other health and safety protocols and to find step by step instruction on how to register:
For questions or help with your reservation, please call the YMCA facility at which you are trying to reserve a lap lane.
Having problems or receiving errors?
Please click here to request support or call our Support Hotline at 415-772-5500 and our team will be happy to help you.
Is your YMCA of San Francisco Membership on hold or recently cancelled?
Email MemberServices@ymcasf.org or call 415-772-5500 to reactivate your membership.