Healthy Habits for Healthy Families
Healthy Habits for Healthy Families is an evidence-informed program for youth ages 7-13 with excess weight. The program is designed to support both child and adult in education on healthy eating, physical activity and building self-esteem to encourage positive lifestyle changes.
How It Works
The program delivers in person sessions for both child and caregiver.
Together, families will:
- Attend 25 sessions delivered over 4 months
- Participate in group-based physical activity at each session
- Learn about food label reading, healthy eating and portion control
- Build self-esteem
- Work together to build healthy lifestyle goals
To qualify, children must:
- Be 7-13 years old
- Carry excess weight, with a body mass index above the 90th percentile
- Receive clearance from a health care provider to participate in physical activity
Sina is passionate about sharing her love for the outdoors with others; she's seeks to serve her community in meaningful ways and strives to change peoples lives for the better.