- Our Chinatown, Marin, Peninsula, Presidio, and Stonestown Ys have reactivated for indoor wellness.
- Reservation is required for Outdoor Wellness Circuits in San Francisco (Presidio and Stonestown) and all Ys' in-person Group Exercise classes, up to 48 hours in advance here.
- Indoor pools will reactivate at our Chinatown, Presidio, and Stonestown locations. Stay tuned for more information.
- Due to several Bay Area-based fires, we are monitoring the Air Quality Index (AQI) via AirNow.gov, and will be modifying or canceling outdoor programming when AQI reaches unhealthy levels.
Updated October 21, 2020 12:30 PM
Wellness Windows and Registration
To ensure equitable and safe access, a maximum of one Wellness Window per day per person is permitted at this time.
- Wellness Windows are 60-minutes in length
- Outdoor Wellness in San Francisco (Presidio and Stonestown) and all Group Exercise classes require reservation and open 48 hours in advance.
- If visiting as a household, each member of the household must make their own reservation.
- Reserve your space here.
- Wellness Windows for Indoor Cardio and Strength Equipment usage are reservation-free (walk-up only), and must occur during a scheduled Wellness Window.
- Note: Peninsula YMCA does not have specific Wellness Windows outside of listed operating hours for indoor wellness, and we ask that you spend no more than 30 minutes on cardio and 30 minutes on strength equipment.
How to Register to Reserve Spot for Class or an Outdoor Wellness Window
- Login, Select 'Browse Registrations,'
- Select 'Change' Current Location
- Select your preferred location
- Select 'Facility Visit Booking'
- Select 'Group Exercise'
- Select 'Enroll' for your preferred class - Note: reservations become available 48 hours in advance of scheduled activity
- Choose the 'Contact' from your membership account who would like to register for class and click 'Save'
- Select 'Next'
- Select 'Pay' (even if it is a free class)
- Edit your email for confirmation receipt
- Select 'Send'
- Select 'Return to My Account' to browse additional registrations
What to Expect at Your Next Visit
Per county order, Health Screenings are required before facility entry.
- Mandatory Health Checks include a Coronavirus Questionnaire and Touchless Temperature Check.
- Face Coverings are required at all times by all members when inside YMCA facilities, including youth.
- Upon arrival, our YMCA Greeter will verify your reservation and complete your Mandatory Health Check
- In City and County of SF: Maintain 12' or more physical distance between people working out with exertion, and 6' of physical distance to those with resting heart rate
- In Counties of Marin and San Mateo: Maintain 6' or more physical distance between people
Please arrive up to 10 minutes prior to your reservation and bring the following:
- Your YMCA membership card or a valid photo ID if you've misplaced your card
- A personal towel, water bottle and yoga mat, if needed
- A face covering for everyone ages 3* and up
- *Youth 10+ years old and older are able to use the Marin YMCA and the Peninsula YMCAs after 3pm on weekdays and on Saturdays.
- Adults only 18+ years all hours at Chinatown, Stonestown and Presidio
Active, paying members may take part in Indoor Cardio & Strength, Outdoor Wellness Circuits, in-person Group Exercise classes, member-only virtual classes, outdoor adventures, tennis and Personal Training.
If your membership is currently on hold you will need to reactivate it to access virtual, indoor, or outdoor activities with the Y.
- If you wish to reactivate your membership, please contact our Business Resource Center Support Hotline at 415-772-5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or contact a reactivated Y branch directly during their hours of operation.
- If your call goes unanswered, please leave a message with your name, call back number and home branch Y – we will return your call as soon as we are able.