- Our Chinatown, Presidio, and Stonestown Ys have closed for indoor wellness starting Monday, November 23, and will remain open for outdoor group exercise and outdoor cardio and strength circuit Wellness Windows.
- Marin and Peninsula Ys remain open for indoor wellness offerings, including Group Exercise.
- Our Marin and Peninsula Y Pools are closed due to local health and safety guidance.
- Reservations are required for Outdoor Cardio & Strength Circuit Wellness Windows at Stonestown and all Ys' in-person Group Exercise classes, up to 48 hours in advance here to register on our new schedule.
- Due to several Bay Area-based fires, we are monitoring the Air Quality Index (AQI) via AirNow.gov, and will be modifying or canceling outdoor programming when AQI reaches unhealthy levels.
- HOLIDAY HOURS: All Ys will be closed for indoor and outdoor wellness from 3pm Wednesday, November 25 through Sunday, November 29. Live virtual programming will transition to a curated on-demand schedule during that time period.
Updated November 22, 2020 11:30AM
To ensure equitable and safe access, a maximum of one Wellness Window per day per person is permitted at this time.
- Wellness Windows are 60-minutes in length
- Outdoor Wellness in San Francisco (Presidio and Stonestown) and all Group Exercise classes require reservation and open 48 hours in advance.
- Wellness Windows for Indoor Cardio and Strength Equipment usage are reservation-free (walk-up only), and must occur during a scheduled Wellness Window.
- Note: Peninsula YMCA does not have specific Wellness Windows outside of listed operating hours for indoor wellness, and we ask that you spend no more than 30 minutes on cardio and 30 minutes on strength equipment.
Registering For Classes and Wellness Windows
You can now register for classes and circuits via the online schedule, up to 48 hours in advance.
What to Expect at Your Next Visit
Per county order, Health Screenings are required before facility entry.
- Mandatory Health Checks include a Coronavirus Questionnaire and Touchless Temperature Check.
- Face Coverings are required at all times by all members when inside YMCA facilities, including youth.
- Upon arrival, our YMCA Greeter will verify your reservation and complete your Mandatory Health Check
- In City and County of SF: Maintain 12' or more physical distance between people working out with exertion, and 6' of physical distance to those with resting heart rate
- In Counties of Marin and San Mateo: Maintain 6' or more physical distance between people
Please arrive up to 10 minutes prior to your reservation and bring the following:
- Your YMCA membership card or a valid photo ID if you've misplaced your card
- A personal towel, water bottle and yoga mat, if needed
- A face covering for everyone ages 3* and up
- *Youth 10+ years old and older are able to use the Marin YMCA and the Peninsula YMCAs after 3pm on weekdays and on Saturdays.
- Adults only 18+ years all hours at Chinatown, Stonestown and Presidio
Active, paying members may take part in Indoor Cardio & Strength, Outdoor Wellness Circuits, in-person Group Exercise classes, member-only virtual classes, outdoor adventures, pools and lap lane reservations, tennis and Personal Training.
If your membership is currently on hold you will need to reactivate it to access virtual, indoor, or outdoor activities with the Y.
- If you wish to reactivate your membership, please contact our Business Resource Center Support Hotline at 415-772-5500 or email email@example.com
- Or contact a reactivated Y branch directly during their hours of operation.
- If your call goes unanswered, please leave a message with your name, call back number and home branch Y – we will return your call as soon as we are able.