Who We Are
Our Family Resource Center programs serve families residing in the Oceanview, Merced Heights, Ingleside (OMI), Potrero Hill and Western Addition neighborhoods. We also serve all San Francisco families through specialized programming offered through San Francisco Human Services Agency. Families are served in our offices as well as in various community locations and their homes to ensure convenient access to services.
What We Offer
Our comprehensive services are geared to be responsive and flexible enough to address each family’s unique needs. We work collaboratively with families to create service plans that empower and support families to strengthen social, emotional and physical well-being.
- Family Advocacy
- Basic Needs Assistance
- Individual, Couples and Family Counseling
- Parenting Classes and Workshops
- Job Readiness Assistance
- Parent Leadership Development
- Youth Groups
- Parent & Child Groups and Activities
- Case Management Services
- Community Events
- Drop-In Services: Emergency Food, Computers & Copier
- Information & Referral: Housing Needs, Educational Resources & Legal Resources
- Support Groups: Mothers, Fathers, and Grandparents
- Weekly Food Distribution on Tuesdays: OMI 650 Capital Ave & Potrero Hill 751 Missouri St.
SafeStart's mission is to reduce the impact and incidence of childhood and family violence exposure.
- Case Management
- Shelter and Food Assistance
- Understanding Court and Police Cases
- Safety Planning for Families and Children
- Support Groups
- Finding Counseling and Therapy for Children
- Assisting families with a child under the age of 6 years old
All services are free, confidential, and offered in English and Spanish.
For over 18 years, Jamaal has been dedicated to helping families strive for greatness. He is a career educator and has joined Urban Services to stretch beyond the scope of public education to better connect with families, helping them achieve personal or professional goals.
Brandon has been working in social services for the last 8 years, he is passionate about bringing services and serving the residents in under served communities. Brandon continues to strive to provide those essential resources that children and families need to succeed.