Reach & Rise® Mentoring
Youth who have a positive relationship with an adult are five times more likely to graduate! Reach & Rise is a national, therapeutic mentoring program that matches adult volunteer mentors (ages 21+) with young people. Mentors are screened and must have clean background checks and attend 15+ hours of training to help youth build a better future, develop a stronger sense of belonging, and work through unresolved trauma, improve family relationships, self-esteem, peer relationships, school performance, decision making, and positive problem solving skills. Youth are referred from schools, counselors, parents, YMCA programs, and community agencies. Program Directors provide ongoing mentor support, family support, and case management. Together, mentors and mentees share diverse experiences, develop a stronger sense of belonging within their communities, and create lasting memories!
- One youth (ages 9-17) is matched with one adult volunteer mentor
- Matches meet in the community for 1-3 hours per week for a minimum of 1 year
- Mentors who drive will need proof of auto insurance and clean driving record
- Contact 1:1 Program Director
- A group of 6 youth (ages 8-15) are matched with two adult mentors
- Groups meet at an approved site once a week for 2 hours for 16 weeks (Fall or Spring) or 8 weeks (Summer)
- Contact Group Program Director: Ashley Brady, email@example.com
Learn more about Reach & Rise®
"Reach & Rise impacts youth, because they just get another choice. They get another opportunity in life to see that there are other ways and things to see out there...and faith in humanity." - Jennifer Kriebl, National Director
"My mentor always listened to me. She always gave me good advice..." - Lina Alsalti, previous mentee
Click here to learn more about Reach & Rise.
Click here to donate to Reach & Rise.
National Director, Reach & Rise®
As a longtime social worker, Jennifer believes in giving back to the community. Be a mentor! She oversees the Reach & Rise national mentoring program in 38 states.
Associate National Director, Reach & Rise®
Vicki is a LMFT & Art Therapist. She has worked for the YMCA of SF in a variety of mental health programs at the Youth Service Bureaus and Urban Services since 2007.