Reach & Rise is a therapeutic 1-to-1 mentoring program serving at-risk youth ages 6-17 in the Bay Area.
Reach & Rise helps youth ages 6-17 develop tools to cope with issues such as low self-esteem, family and peer conflicts, academic underachievement and decision-making skills through a positive adult-child relationship.
Highly trained mentors meet with mentees once each week to discuss issues occurring in the youth's life while engaging in enriching activities in the community. A key feature of the program is the inclusion of parents in the mentoring process, from matching their child to an appropriate mentor, to setting goals for the mentoring relationship. Youth are referred from schools, counselors, parents and other YMCA programs.
For more information, please contact Anna Le at email@example.com or call 415-748.3551 for more information.
Skills and Requirements
- Desire to work with at-risk youth
- No prior felony convictions or DUI’s
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Paraprofessional training
- 1-3 hours each week with child (flexible – scheduled by mentor and child)
- 1 year commitment
- Once/month mentor support group meeting with program coordinator