We are seeking creative talented professional people who are serious about providing meaningful after school opportunities for youth. We need people who are flexible, who will take the initiative, who are punctual and able to make a commitment to work throughout the entire school year.
- At least 16 years of age
- Must have experience working with youth (Middle School or Elementary School)
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality After School opportunities to youth
- Must be a Team Player
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- Must be available daily M-F during after school program hours (1:30-6:30p)
- Must be willing to participate in BI-annual evaluations and supervision meetings as needed
- Current CPR and 1st Aid certification
Special Knowledge of Arts, Dance, Drama, or Sports preferred. -Bi-Lingual English/Spanish, English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Connections in the, Sunset, OMI, Merced, Miraloma and West of Twin Peaks communities or the greater San Francisco Community are a bonus.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
- Demonstrate the Character Counts values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
- Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal growth.
- Supervise approximately a group of 14 youth or co-supervise a group of 28
- Implement safety standards for offsite enrichment classes
- Utilize restorative practice techniques for behavior management
- Provide support to enrichment instructor
- Prepare students for snack