Redefine Your Health, Transform Your Life
YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program is a one-year program designed to help adults at risk for type 2 diabetes to reduce risk and make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Attend 25 one-hour sessions over the course of 12 months
- Small-group, supportive environment (8-15 people)
- Led by a trained Lifestyle Coach trained on a CDC-approved curriculum
- YMCA membership not required
"Change isn't easy, but with small and consistent steps, you can make healthy lifestyle adjustments that last."
Prevention is Possible
If you're at risk for type 2 diabetes, lifestyle changes such as getting regular physical activity, eating a variety of healthy foods and losing a modest amount of weight can cut diabetes risk and lead to a healthier way of life.
YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program is proving to be a model that can help you achieve these changes.
To qualify, you must be:
- Aged 18 or older
- At high risk for developing type 2 diabetes determined via a confirmatory blood value, Gestational Diabetes during previous pregnancy or a qualifying risk score*
*Individuals with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes do not qualify for this program.