The Community Resource Center of the YMCA provides individuals and families with basic emergency and support services to stabilize their living situations. We provide clients with crisis intervention and referrals based on an evaluation of their needs and qualifications for assistance. We provide a safety net of services to San Mateo County residents in need of food, emergency housing assistance, emergency utility assistance, shelter and other basic needs.
How we help
Assistance to keep families housed and fed
- Rental assistance to keep families in their homes
- Utility assistance to keep utilities on
- Emergency car repair
- Emergency food pantry
- Monthly produce mobile and family harvest programs
- Holiday food distributions
Direct assistance to homeless families and individuals
- Shelter placements for homeless families and adults
- Advocacy and assistance to families for transitional to permanent housing
Access to benefits and health care
- Screening and assistance for government benefits and programs
- Enrollment in health care plans
- Integration of mental health services for low and moderate income families at the Youth Service Bureaus and at a child’s school
For more information
Please call or visit the Community Resource Center of the YMCA to find out more about the services offered.
1486 Huntington Avenue, Suite 100
South San Francisco, CA 94080
For immediate assistance
If you are looking for shelter when the CRC is closed please call 2-1-1- or visit any of the other Core Service Agencies listed below.
For a complete listing of community services in San Mateo County please visit https://www.smc-connect.org/
99 Avenue Alhambra, El Granada, CA 94018.
Serves Montara, Moss Beach, El Granada, Half Moon Bay, La Honda, and Pescadero.
Daly City Community Services Center
350 90th Street, 1st Floor, Daly City, CA 94015.
Serves Daly City, Colma, and Broadmoor.
El Concilio of San Mateo County
1798-B Bay Road, East Palo Alto, CA 94303.
P: (650)330-7432. Fax: (650)321-7785.
Serves East Palo Alto and Menlo Park.
Puente de la Costa Sur
620 North Street, Pescadero, CA 94060
(650)879-1691. Fax: (650) 879-0973
Fair Oaks Community Center
2600 Middlefield Road, Redwood city, CA 94063
Redwood City, unincorporated North Fair Oaks, Atherton, Woodside, and Portola Valley
Pacifica Resource Center
1809 Palmetto Avenue, Pacifica, CA 94044
401 North Humboldt Street, San Mateo, CA 94401
Serves Millbrae, Burlingame, Hillsborough, San Mateo, Foster City, Belmont, and San Carlos.