Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Linked Day Program leader is responsible for cultivating a positive and mutually beneficial school day/afterschool program partnership through intentional work during structured and unstructured times of the school day. The Linked Day Program is an academic support program intended to serve the needs of our schools lowest performing students and English Learners by providing literacy interventions during the school day and support them in making significant gains in reading, writing, and math throughout the year. Additionally, we aim to support these students during the afterschool hours. During afterschool time, the Linked Day leader is responsible for running a classroom of approximately 20 students during enrichment and homework time. The Recreation Linked Day Program Leader is responsible for supervising and leading games during lunch and recess times; leading enrichment activities during the school day in alignment with school day lessons; and leading a class of approximately 20 students during the After School Program.
Stonestown Y is seeking full-time Recreation Linked Day Program Leaders for these schools:
- Jose Ortega Elementary
Salary range: $19.00 to $21.50 per hour
- At least 18 years of age for the elementary school programs, 21 years for middle school
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree, or a Pass on After School For All-Excel Qualification Exam (No Child Left Behind- NCLB)
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality After School opportunities to youth
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- Must be available daily Monday through Friday during school day and after school program hours (9:30 am-6:00 pm, shifts may vary)
- Must be willing to participate in BI-annual evaluations and supervision meetings as needed
- YMCA-approved CPR/First Aid certification (within 90 days of hire).
- Fingerprint and background clearance
- TB Test clearance prior to working with youth
- At least two years of experience working with elementary or middle school youth
- Specialized knowledge of Arts, Dance, Drama, or Sports
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, or other languages
- Connections in the local San Francisco community
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records