Tips For Great Sleep
THE POWER OF SLEEP
According to the National Institutes of Health, the average American adult sleeps less than 7 hours per night. While sleep requirements may vary slightly from person to person, the average adult needs 7-8 hours of sleep nightly to function optimally.
BENEFITS OF GREAT SLEEP INCLUDE:
- Physical vitality
- Mental sharpness
- Greater creativity
- Increased work productivity
- Improved emotional balance
- Better weight management
THE RISKS WITH LACK OF ZZZS
Several nights of sleep loss, even just 1-2 hours, can have negative effects on our health. Referred to as sleep debt, lack of sleep adds up over time and can cause:
- Impaired motor skills
- Difficulty making decisions
- Reduced immunity
These symptoms can negatively affect work performance and accelerate the process that leads to burn out.
SLEEP ON IT – TIPS FOR BETTER ZZZS
Our sleep cycles are one of the few things we have direct control over in our daily lives. If you struggle to get quality sleep, try these few tips suggested by the Mayo Clinic, and start your day off a bit brighter!
- Stick to a sleep schedule
- Dim the lights in the evening
- Turn off devices two hours before bed
- Drink some herbal tea after dinner
- Include physical activity in your daily routine