Experience the Wonder of Nature
Y Rangers campers will put down their devices and marvel at the magic of nature as they explore the wonders of the outdoors in their local National Park - the Presidio and Marin Headlands.
Campers will spend their summer in nature connecting with their peers and taking part in recreational and educational activities with the Y's outdoor educators and youth development staff.
Health & Safety
Per public health guidelines:
- Youth must register for three-week sessions of camp (one-week options are not available).
- Each cohort of campers will contain no more than 12 campers working with specific YMCA staff.
- There will be no mingling between group or sharing of equipment or restrooms.
Registration is available to all families, not just those of essential workers. Children must bring their own lunch and families are required to drop-off and pick-up at their specific camp location. No transportation via bus is available.
Locations & Times
- Point Bonita YMCA in the Marin Headlands - 9 am-5 pm
- Presidio YMCA outdoor camp locations in the Presidio - 8 am-4 pm
- Session 1: June 15-July 2 (no camp on July 3rd)
- Session 2: July 6-24
- Session 3: July 27-August 14
- YMCA Member: $1250/session
- Community Member: $1500/session
- Deposit: $150 non-refundable deposit
Email YSFSummercamp@ymcasf.org to request any of the following:
- Financial Assistance
- 20% Sibling Discount
- 50% off for those with free/reduced lunch letter on file
- Payment Plan
Session 2 Balance Due: June 30
Session 3 Balance Due: July 21
*If you have not logged onto our new system, you may have to create a new log in
*No refunds after final balance due is received
Y Rangers Sample Schedule
|Nature Connection||Human Impact||Animal Friends||Plant Friends||Eco-Stewards|
|Opening Circle||Opening Circle||Opening Circle||Opening Circle||Opening Circle|
|Group Agreements||Web of Life||Animal Stories||Plant Stories||Eco-Hero Stories|
|Personal Map||Erosion Hike||Animal Adaptations||Plant Adaptations||Be the Change|
|Sense of Place Hike||Climate Change Intro||Trail Clean-Up||Edible Plants||Be the Change Plan|
|Garden Exploration||People Power||Save-A-Critter||Garden Project||Nature Mural|
|Critter Homes||MOOP Art||Drawing Reflection||Seed Braclets||Wish for the World|