2020 VIRTUAL Presidio Trail Run
The Presidio Y's 8th Annual Trail Run, scheduled for Sunday, April 26th has been converted to a virtual event. This decision was made with deep sadness as it is one of our favorite community gatherings but without a doubt in the best interests of our community, runners, event personnel, and partners and is mandated by the City of San Francisco and Department of Public Health. The health and safety of our community is paramount and it is necessary for all of us to do our part in helping slow the spread of COVID-19.
Registration Fee: 10K Adult – $60, 5K Adult – $45, 1.5 Mile Adult – $30 | Youth: $10
- Awards: Top finishers in each category (male and female for 10K and 5K) will receive special awards by running their selected race during the week of April 19 - April 26, 2020 and tagging #PresidioTrailRun on Strava
- Shirts: We have a new shirt design this year! All registrants receive a race shirt and there is an option to order extra shirts on the registration page.
- Community Supports: During this unprecedented time the Y is pivoting resources to supporting the community through emergency childcare programs for healthcare industry and low-income and homeless families, social services, and offering virtual wellness options for its members
How to Participate
- To be eligible for raffle prizes join the Presidio Trail Run Virtual Event on Strava
- Run your selected race distance between April 19 - 26 and hashtag your run #PresidioTrailRun
- Raffle winners and top finishers will be selected on April 27 and prizes mailed to the address used on their registration
- Send us a picture of you wearing your Trail Run shirt or tag us on social media www.facebook.com/presidioymca and www.instagram.com/presidioymca
A huge thank you to our sponsors!
Learn more about 2020 sponsorship opportunities here!
VIRTUAL Trail Running Responsibilities
In normal times we are fortunate for the opportunity to run this event on new and existing trails throughout the Presidio. This comes with great responsibility; it is up to us – the running community – to make sure we take care of this resource. Please stay on the trails, take any trash out with you, be respectful of others using this space and be aware of your surroundings.
During this time of COVID-19 as trail runners and walkers we must do our part to flatten the curve and slow the spread of this disease. We ask all trail runners and walkers to maintain social distancing while training and participating in this virtual event.
Be a part of our online community here. Run your registered 10K, 5K or 1.5 mile run on April 26th and use the hashtag #PresidioTrailRun on Strava to be a contestant for top place awards and raffle prizes.
In regular times, please note that the Presidio Community Y adheres to the standard running industry policy. All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
This is an unusual time however, and the community's needs are greater than ever. We ask that you stick with us and keep your participation in this virtual event. If this isn't possible for you please contact us to discuss options.
VIRTUAL Trail Run Update
The Presidio Y's 8th Annual Trail Run (scheduled for Sunday, April 26) has been converted to a virtual event. This decision was made with deep sadness as it is one of our favorite community gatherings, but it is without a doubt in the best interests of our community, runners, event personnel, and partners (and is mandated by the City of San Francisco and Department of Public Health). The health and safety of our community is our top concern and it is necessary for all of us to do our part in helping slow the spread of COVID-19.
Your existing registration still includes our awesome t-shirt, and now also includes a virtual Y community, the opportunity to run your selected race distance at a location near your home during our “race week”, and terrific raffle prizes. We will send more information to you in the coming weeks about the virtual race and how to complete it. If you are “training”, we ask that you remember to practice appropriate social distancing of at least 6 feet from others, and that you find uncrowded trails or places in your own neighborhood to run or walk.
As you know, our community need is now greater than ever, and we thank you for being a part of this fundraising event. During this unprecedented time, the Y has pivoted its resources to support our community through emergency childcare programs for healthcare and essential workers, food pantries for those experiencing food insecurity, virtual wellness options for all, and other critical social services. We hope you’ll stick with us for this virtual event that will have real, live impact in the community. If you have any questions please do let us know!
Running and walking outdoors can be a powerful antidote in times of adversity by building strength, practicing resilience, and allowing time for reflection. We wish you the best and look forward to gathering (albeit online) as a running community.
Presidio Y Trail Run Committee