Adults Sports at the Presidio Y
The Presidio Y offers options for adults who would like to participate in sports. Currently, we offer a Women’s Basketball League, a Men’s Basketball League, and Tennis programs.
Adult Basketball League
The Presidio Y offers a variety of adult basketball leagues for various skill levels. Form a team with friends and enter a league!
- Women's League: Monday nights; Games at 7:00, 8:00, or 9:00
- Men's Leagues:
- Premier League: Wednesday nights; Games at 6:30, 7:30, or 8:30
- Elite Rec League: Thursday nights; Games at 7:00, 8:00, or 9:00
- Friendly Rec League: Sunday nights; Games at 5:00, 6:00, or 7:00
Team and Free Agent Registration
To form a team, please email a roster with all players' names, emails, and phone numbers to PresidioYABL@ymcasf.net. Teams should have at least 7 players to form a team. When possible, Free Agents can be added to teams with smaller rosters, or full Free Agent teams can be formed. If you plan to enter a team and are short some players, indicate on your roster submission that you would like Free Agents added to your team. Season schedules will be sent the week leading up to the season start..
YMCA Member Discount Pricing - Team's with captains or players that are YMCA Facility Members qualify for a discounted team price of up to $100 off!
The Team Captain must pay for their team registration fee online or at our Membership Desk and send their team roster to PresidioYABL@ymcasf.net. Free agents must pay a separate individual price and are not subject to team fee pricing.
Seasons are at least 6 games, plus playoffs. Depending on how many teams are in each league will determine game times, BYE weeks and playoff seeding. There are multiple seasons throughout the year. Jerseys are not provided - teams should come prepared with their own numbered, white or dark jerseys/shirts. Reversible black and white Presidio YMCA jerseys are available for purchase ($15).
Current Seasons & Schedules:
- Thursday Men's League: September 1 - January 31
- Monday Women's League: January 7 - March 18 SEASON GAME SCHEDULE
- Wednesday Men's League: January 9 - March 6 SEASON GAME SCHEDULE
Thursday Men's Elite Rec League - February 7 - April 4
Sunday Men's Friendly Rec League - February 17 - April 28
Adult Tennis - Beginner
The Presidio Y’s After Work Adult Tennis program emphasizes the importance of cooperative learning through exercise and fun by utilizing exciting drills and games from the start. Beginning Tennis focuses on the proper grips, back-swing, contact point and follow through for ground strokes and volleys. We run five 7-week sessions per year.
Registration starts 2 weeks prior to each session.
Beginner 7 Week Program: Session 1 of 5
Wednesdays, starting January 16, 6:00pm-7:00pm (subject to change)
328 Infantry Terrace Street, San Francisco, CA 94129 (in the event of rain or if the court is wet, class will be held in Letterman Gym)
Session 2 of 5
Wednesdays starting March 20, 6:00pm-7:00pm (subject to change)
Session 3 of 5
Wednesdays starting May 22, 6:00pm-7:00pm (subject to change)
Session 4 of 5
Wednesdays starting July 24, 6:00pm-7:00pm (subject to change)
Session 5 of 5
Wednesdays starting September 25, 6:00pm-7:00pm (subject to change)
Facility Member: $170
Community Participant: $200
Group Clinics can be arranged as a private group or as a drop-in group. They for members who want the opportunity to tailor a flexible, ongoing, private group lesson of 4 or more participants with a specific coach. Classes are limited to 6 participants each week, so coordinate directly with your pro to make sure you are in and covering the tennis topics you want. Registration is ongoing at the Presidio Y Main Post Gym. Please contact Rich Carson, Tennis Coordinator with any questions or to set up a clinic.
Facility Member: $22/hour
Community Participant: $28/hour
Cardio Tennis is a high-energy fitness activity combining the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout. It is a social class for players between intermediate and intermediate-advanced levels and is taught by a pro. There is a maximum of 12 people per class during the spring, summer and fall months and a maximum of 8 during the winter months and on Sundays.
Sign in is done at the tennis court as a drop-in class and billing is completed from the sign-in sheet for members with a valid credit card attached to their membership (monthly paying Facility Members or annual Community Participant account holders).
When raining or if the tennis court is wet, classes will be held indoors at Letterman Gym at 1152 Gorgas Avenue.
- Sunday Intermediate: 2-3PM at 563 Ruger Street tennis court
- Monday-Friday Intermediate: 12-1PM at 563 Ruger Street tennis court
- Tuesdays and Thursdays Intermediate-Advanced: 6:30-7:30PM at 328 Infantry Terrace Street tennis courts (canceled if raining)
- Sunday Intermediate: 2-3PM at 563 Ruger Street tennis court
- Monday-Friday Intermediate: 12-1PM at 328 Infantry Terrace Street tennis court
- Tuesdays and Thursdays Intermediate-Advanced: 6:30-7:30PM at 328 Infantry Terrace Street tennis courts
- Facility Member: $10/hour
- Program Member: $15/hour
Tennis Ball Machine Club
Ball Machine Club
Improve your tennis technique, endurance and enjoyment by joining our Tennis Ball Machine Club! A ball machine provides any level player the opportunity to practice any stroke (except serves). To reserve the ball machine, book the Bowling Alley Court between 8AM and dusk: 415.447.9680. Register at the Main Post Gym Membership Desk.
Rates: $25 monthly add-on membership fee
*There is a $5.00 court reservation fee, which applies to all tennis court reservations of 30 minutes, 1 hour, and 1.5 hours.
Private Tennis Lessons
Private Tennis Lessons
1 hour private lessons are available and taught by our certified USPTA instructors. For more information please contact the Tennis Coordinator, Rich Carson at 415.447.9602, RCarson@ymcasf.org.
Facility Member: $80/hour ($300/4-pack, $600/8-pack)
Community Participant: $90/hour ($340/4-pack, $680/8-pack)
Semi Private Lessons (Group of 2, Per Person Rate)
Facility Member: $45/hour ($160/4-pack, $340/8-pack)
Community Participant: $50/hour ($180/4-pack, $360/8-pack)
Semi Private Lessons (Group of 3, Per Person Rate)
Facility Member: $35/hour ($120/4-pack, $240/8-pack)
Community Participant: $45/hour ($160/4-pack, $320/8-pack)
Semi Private Lessons (Group of 4, Per Person Rate)
Facility Member: $30/hour ($100/4-pack, $200/8-pack)
Community Participant: $40/hour ($140/4-pack, $280/8-pack)
Presidio YMCA Private Tennis Lesson Policies:
- All tennis lesson requests must be made by contacting the Presidio YMCA Tennis Coordinator, Rich Carson (RCarson@ymcasf.org)
- Non-YMCA coaches and guest instructors are not allowed to coach any clients on Presidio YMCA tennis courts
- All private lesson packages have an expiration of 3 months from the purchase date
- Private lessons can be purchased in person at the Membership Desk, or by contacting Rich Carson (RCarson@ymcasf.org)
- Private lessons require a 24 hour cancelation notice or you will be charged for the lesson.
Spring Adult League starts April 1: Women's 3.0 & 3.5 and Men's 4.0 & 4.5
Fall Combo League starts September 1: Women's 6.5
Winter Over 40 starts November 1: Women's 3.0 & 3.5
*Seasons last approximately 3.5-4 months
Registration: Opens a month before season begins
Location: Fort Scott Tennis Courts, 1331 Wool Court
Practices: Start 2 weeks prior to the start of the season and are held 7-8:30pm.
Facility Member: $55
Community Participant: $67
If you'd like to add a team during the Fall or Winter season, please contact Rich Carson, Tennis Coordinator.
This is a recreational program for intermediate men and women tennis players who would like to play with other members. To play, you must be able to serve and return. This is a free program for all Facility Members.
Fridays: 9am-11am | Location: 1331 Wool Court
(In Summer Fridays are held from 8-10am)
Saturdays: 9am-11am | Location: 328 Infantry Terrace Street
(In Winter Saturdays are held at 1331 Wool Court from 10am-12pm)
Tennis Policies & Procedures
- Facility Members can make tennis court reservations 48 hour in advance and cancel 2 hours prior to the reservation. Courts may reserved once per day, per member, for up to 1.5 hours. There is a $5.00 court reservation fee, which applies to all tennis court reservations of 30 minutes, 1 hour, and 1.5 hours.
- All members and guests using Presidio YMCA tennis courts are subject to the YMCA of SF Facility Member Guest Policy and Guest Fee Rates.
- In the event of rain, make-ups can be completed on alternate days in each 7-week session or a fter a session has ended. Credits/refunds are available by email request and are based on approval.
- All players are required to wear appropriate tennis shoes.
- Tennis court gate lock codes can be received by calling 415.447.9622.