Under the direction of the Sports & Camp Program Director, the Youth Sports Coach may be responsible for assisting in the delivery of youth and adult league sports, youth recreation and fitness classes, and the After School Youth Sports Program.
Age: 18 years old
Education: High School Diploma
Availability: Weekdays and some weekends
Licenses & Certifications: CPR/FA certified
YMCA Child Abuse Prevention
Preferred Experience: 1 year of youth work in a team sport setting
- Attend employee & volunteer meetings and trainings as required.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
- Demonstrate the Character Counts values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
- Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal growth.
- Support and lead assigned teams through all sports seasons
- Assist with the setup practices and games
- Build positive professional relationships with parents and school representatives
- Communicate with Sports Director and Coordinator on program status
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and appropriate behavior
- Successfully lead fun and active programs that develop children’s skills, safety, fair play, sportsmanship and fun.
- Represent the YMCA in the community and with kindred organizations.