Y Kids Child Watch Volunteers are part of a team which provides a safe, nurturing, and fun environment for all children ages 6 weeks to 10 years old. Volunteers will actively supervise and engage with all children in program. Volunteers are responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with families being served at the Peninsula Family YMCA. Volunteers must have a positive attitude and model appropriate behavior when dealing with children. Volunteers are required to be knowledgeable about YMCA programs for youth and families and promote programs.
Availability: Weeknights and Weekends
Related Experience: None
- Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
- Demonstrate the Character Counts values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, staff and fellow volunteers.
- Support staff with set up/cleanup of activities.
- Participate actively in all daily program activities.
- Maintain all time supervision of all children enrolled in the program.
- Communicate with staff and family members daily on all pertinent information including but not limited to child’s behaviors, incidents that occurred, requests made, etc. HOW TO APPLY