Candidate provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes. Will help our students lay a good foundation of aquatic skills, ranging from basic water adjustment to advanced swim techniques.
- Possesses a love for aquatics and teaching!
- Instructs swim lessons as assigned and prepares lesson plans accordingly.
- Keep parents and Y staff informed on class happenings.
- Help create a welcoming pool environment; help put materials away after swim classes.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Maintain safety standards, attend CPR training if not currently certified.
What You Need to Apply
Have the ability to motivate others in the areas of self-awareness and self-confidence through swimming and aquatics. Individual must be able to interpret YMCA aquatic program philosophies, and relate to public, parents and students in a positive manner. Exercises mature judgment and sound decision-making.
Age: 16 years of age
Availability: During swim lessons
Related Experience: Experience working with children as well as swimming background
Licenses & Certifications: Current YMCA First Aid & CPR certification should be attained within the first 90 days. YMCA Swim Instructor Certification or equivalent certification/background experience.