Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the primary supervision of the Executive of Child & Youth Development and in partnership with the YMCA of San Francisco Human Resources and Staff Development Departments, the Youth Development Staffing Specialist will be responsible for supporting multiple branches as assigned in the recruitment, hiring, training & development of Afterschool (grant funded and licensed); licensed Preschools and Day Camp staff. This includes but is not limited to; assisting with or creating and managing job descriptions & job postings; managing the interview & hiring process; creating and managing an effective and specific on-boarding process, attending community job fairs, and working collaboratively with directors of the program areas to help them meet their hiring needs.
This position requires: strong attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, effective and thorough communication, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to work on tasks independently, quickly and efficiently and the ability to identify new opportunities and to respond to them.
- Minimum 21 years old
- BA or BS in related field
- Must be available full time
- Previous experience in Youth Development, hiring and training
- Experience working in a team environment with staff and volunteers
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to see new opportunities and respond to them
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, internet navigation and email systems
- Ability to apply Listen First approach to all communications
- YMCA approved CPR and FA certifications
- YMCA Youth Development Certification
- Bilingual skills in Spanish or Chinese is a plus
Email cover letter and resume to Anne Senores at email@example.com
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.