Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Sports Director, Youth Sports Staff assist with the Youth Basketball programs by coaching teams and/or clinics, refereeing and scorekeeping during Youth Basketball League games, and monitoring the gyms during youth basketball practices.
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Understand and implement the rules of the YMCA Youth Basketball League fairly.
- Experience playing sports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in a team setting with both staff and program participants.
- Demonstrate strong values of leadership and be a positive role model to participants, colleagues, and staff.
- Strong desire to help people improve their health and well-being.
- Being self-disciplined and motivated to apply creative problem-solving skills to ensure member satisfaction and retention. Ability to work independently.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Current YMCA approved CPR/FA certification or within 30 days of hire.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.