Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Family Programs Director, the Youth Sports Coordinator is responsible for the delivery and development of the preschool and school-aged programming including Youth Basketball Leagues and Clinics, additional Youth Sports programming as identified by community needs, and supervision of the Youth Sports Staff. This position is responsible for helping create a foundation for a lifelong relationship with healthy living and activities.
- Minimum of 21 years old
- High school graduate or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be available to work weekends and flexible work hours to suit varied schedule for programs.
- Experience in Basketball
- Minimum 2 years of experience coaching and/or conducting youth sports programs.
- Prior experience designing and facilitating recreational activities for groups of youth ages
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Being self-disciplined and motivated to apply creative problem-solving skills to ensure member satisfaction and retention. Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel and Word, as well as the Google Suite.
- Experience with Daxko including monitoring of program data and report writing preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.