Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
Under the guidance and supervision of the Sports and Camp Director, the Y-Kids Coordinator is responsible for the achievement of the mission, goals, and objectives of the Marin YMCA through the Youth and/or Member Services Department. The areas of primary importance are the delivery of high quality, interactive program activities for children ages 12 weeks to 12 years old. Y-Kids is a space where children can learn, grow, engage in creative activities, and overall feel welcome, while their parents use the YMCA fitness facilities. Our efforts are to ensure children always feel comfortable and safe.
This position is expected to be in ratio, directly serving youth and families during scheduled shifts, as well as administrative duties and is responsible for helping create a foundation for a lifelong relationship with healthy living and activities. The Y-Kids Coordinator is a positive role model to youth and staff within the philosophy of YMCA standards and expectations with emphasis on our Character Counts philosophy.
- Minimum 21 years old
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must be available to work weekends and flexible work hours to suit varied schedule for programs; schedule will include one weekend day per week
- Minimum 2 years of experience working directly with youth
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, and Word
- YMCA approved CPR/FA certification required within 90 days of hire
- Fingerprint background check clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Previous supervisory experience
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records