Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
The Wellness Leader is responsible for creating and nurturing a seamless and meaningful YMCA member experience, from first point of contact when member/guest walks through the door to daily engagement of current members by demonstrating our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. This position monitors the fitness area and basketball courts as members use the equipment to ensure their general safety and proper use of YMCA equipment and facilities. Individuals selected for this position welcome, educate, invite members to engage in healthy lifestyle changes through the ongoing support of the Wellness team as well as deliver outstanding service. It is our mission to change lives and the first step in this is to help members make that decision. All staff hired into this position is evaluated within 90 days for engagement effectiveness.
- Minimum 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience working and/or volunteering within the realm of Health and Wellness
- Must be available Monday – Friday and some weekends – hours and shifts vary
- Ability to verbally communicate with people effectively.
- CPR/ AED & First Aid trained, and all other course related to this field of work provided by the YMCA of San Francisco
- 21 years of age
- Athletic skills, comfortable leading activities with various age groups
- Ability to engage with members/ Ability to work independently & in a team
- Bilingual/Multilanguage skills
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records