Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The wellness coach is responsible for creating and nurturing a seamless and meaningful YMCA member experience, from first point of contact with the Y to daily engagement of current members by demonstrating our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Individuals selected for this position welcome, educate and encourage members to be active and deliver outstanding service to members and guests. It is our mission to build relationships to support their path to wellness. Coaches are responsible for empowering individuals to make safe and effective choices for in their lives. All staff hired into this position are evaluated within 90 days for effectiveness.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- High School graduation and some experience in the fitness field.
- Personal Training certification or related Major preferred.
- Must be flexible to a schedule that may include some nights, early mornings, and weekends.
- Ability to work in a team setting with staff and volunteers as well as work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and ability to use a computer.
- Current YMCA-approved CPR and First Aid certification and YMCA or national personal trainer/group exercise instructor certification within one year.* Mission Retention training completed within first 90 days.
- Live Child Abuse Prevention training within 90 days of hire.*
*We will provide training for certification!
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.