Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic, and fun loving STEM Teacher who is passionate about educating kids. The hands on lesson plans focus on important topics in areas such as Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, (S.T.E.M.) in everyday practical uses, grades K-8th. We need people who are flexible, energetic, punctual and able to make a commitment to work throughout the entire summer. Staff must also be available to work in our extend care program Mon- Thurs from 4pm-6pm from 6/10/19 – 8/2/19.
- At Least 21 years of Age
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree, or a Pass on After School For All-Excel Qualification Exam (No Child Left Behind- NCLB)
- Must have experience working with youth (Middle School or Elementary School)
- Must be a Team Player
- Knowledge in youth development
- Must be have experience leading activities and building curriculum with youth
- Must be available daily M-Th during extend care program hours (approximately 4:00 pm-6:30 pm)
- Current CPR and 1st Aid certification
- Special Knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Koey Zhou;YZhou@ymcasf.org
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.