Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Center for Academic Re-entry and Empowerment Director, the Student Advocate will work as part of an interagency team to provide counseling, case management and outreach services to youth who are involved in services provided by the CARE Center Program.
Individual must demonstrate excellent organizational, relationship building, and communication skills. Must have the ability to interpret YMCA program philosophy and relate them to staff and participants in a positive manner. Exercises mature judgment and sound decision making.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- BA/BS in Social Work, psychology /education or equivalent required
- Must be bilingual in Spanish
- Experience in truancy intervention, collaboration, school services
- Candidates must have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, have a positive attitude, be a team player, self-starter, and have a willingness to learn
- Experience working in a school and/or non-profit agency setting
- Work effectively with diverse district/school staff, parents, and community members
- Fingerprint and TB test clearance
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Current YMCA approved CPR and First Aid certification *
* Can be completed once hired
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records