Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the guidance and supervision of the Revenue Accountant, the Grants Administrator will oversee the financial and record-keeping for all grants received by the YMCA of San Francisco and work closely with branches to ensure accurate financial reporting and procedural compliance on all grants.
- At least 2 years of non-profit or grants experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field desired
- Basic understanding of principles of accounting
- Familiarity with accounting programs and software, intermediate Excel knowledge
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Organization and prioritization skills with great attention to detail, accuracy
- Trustworthy with strong work ethic
- Ability to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential issues
- Must be able to work normal business hours including additional hours required during audit periods and at year-end
- Work well under pressure
- Thrive in work environment that is deadline sensitive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.