Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
The YMCA of San Francisco is seeking a Site Coordinator for the St. Francis Preschool - 399 San Fernando Way, San Francisco, 94127
The YMCA Preschool Site Coordinator works directly with the Child Development Director to administer a safe and nurturing environment that is developmentally appropriate for children ages 2-6 years and works to achieve successful program service delivery to the YMCA Preschool constituency. The Site Coordinator assists the Child Development Director in establishing classroom policies and procedures for children’s development and safety and is responsible for ensuring that the center meets the State of California Community Care Licensing requirements. This position will act as the Department Head in the absence of the Child Development Director and will work closely with parents and staff to identify and develop programs and activities in accordance with the YMCA of San Francisco Child Care Programming goals and objectives. The Site Coordinator will delegate appropriate responsibilities as needed for successful day to day, and step directly into classroom duties as needed.
- 21 years or older
- BA Degree in ECE or related field
- Site Supervisor Permit from California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC)
- Available full-time Monday-Friday; 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week (ECE is a year-round program)
- 2 years' experience of in a supervisory role
- Experience working with toddlers and preschool aged children
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- CPR and First Aid certified (may certify upon hire)
- Fingerprint background check clearance with Community Care Licensing
- Submit proof of immunizations, health screening, TB test clearance
- Proof of COVID Vaccination is required
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or other language
- CCTC Program Director permit qualified
- Experience working for the YMCA or in YMCA Preschools
- Knowledge of NAEYC, PITC, Anti-Bias Curriculum, Emergent Curriculum and Reggio Emilia
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records