Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Youth Development Director, the Site Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of the school programs including extended day, summer, and linked day. Site Coordinator must maintain all relevant reporting to all relevant funders including ExCEL (21st Century and/or After School Education and Safety Program (ASES)), and the Department of Children, Youth, & their Families (DCYF). The programs include three primary components: Academics, Enrichment & Recreation. The After School Enrichment Program will operate with these components 5 days per week. The goals are to improve literacy skill levels and academic performance, and to strengthen social skills in youth. As a member of the site management team, the Site Coordinator will also engage actively in our Annual Giving Campaign, assist with Healthy Kids Day, the Easter Egg Hunt, and other branch related events. The Site Coordinator will represent the Mission YMCA in the school community, acting as liaison to several entities, both public and private to support the overall mission of the Mission Y at school site.
Mission Y is seeking a Site Coordinator for Hillcrest Elementary School - 810 Silver Ave, San Francisco, 94134
- Must be 21 years or older
- 2 years college and/or Associate's Degree
- Available Monday-Friday, some weekends
- At least 2 years of experience working with elementary or middle school students
- Current CPR and First Aid certification, can complete upon hire
- Fingerprint and TB Test clearance
- Bachelor's Degree with teaching credential or passing score on NCLM
- Staff and budget management experience
- Demonstrate knowledge, familiarity, and experience working in or with SFUSD schools
- Bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Vietnamese
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records