Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Site Coordinator is responsible for daily onsite supervision, program implementation and youth/staff development. This position is responsible for helping to maintain a safe and welcoming after school site; ensuring high level of program quality that will expose youth to various learning opportunities and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. The primary responsibility for this role is to create an academic and enrichment-based program that is compliant with California State Licensing and the Youth Development Principles of the YMCA of San Francisco.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Must have at 2 years of college units or passing score on NCLB exam
- Bachelor’s Degree with teaching credential or passing score on NCLB exam preferred
- Must be available Monday - Friday with some weekends
- Must have at least two years of experience working with youth programs in supervisory role
- Demonstrate knowledge, familiarity, and experience working in or with schools within SFUSD
- Bi-lingual skills in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Spanish is a plus.
- Current YMCA approved certifications in First Aid and CPR, fingerprint and TB Test Clearance
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.