Careers with a Cause
You can make a lasting impact every day by working with the YMCA of San Francisco. In communities across the Bay Area, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, this position is responsible for performing therapy in a manner that is consistent with the legal and ethical standards set by the professional field and the YMCA of San Francisco’s mission. This school-based position is responsible for coordinating school-base counseling services at assigned school campuses, including providing assessment, individual and group counseling, crisis intervention and case management with youth, in collaboration with school personnel.
- Minimum of 21 years old
- A Master’s Degree in counseling psychology or social work
- Current registration with the BBS
- At least 1 year post graduate school working with youth and their families
- Must be able to work Mon., Tues., Thurs. and Fri. at school sites amd Wed. evening at the clinic.
- Experience in crisis management, collaboration, school services and provision of training preferred
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Valid CA Driver’s license and working car
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records