Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The Bayview YMCA is seeking Safety & Support Leaders who are exceptional youth workers and is committed to the safety and development of all after school program participants. Under the direction of the Site Director, The Safety & Support is responsible for monitoring the grounds including the courtyard, restrooms, interior of school buildings and surrounding school grounds and supporting Beacon staff and the Site Director as requested, especially in the areas of behavior management and conflict mediation. The Ideal candidates experiences with restorative practices and de-escalation strategies.
- S/he must be at least 21years of age.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- A commitment to provide young people with the highest-quality youth development experience.
- Two or more years experience working with multi-ethnic, multi-cultural middle school youth.
- Passion for social justice and knowledge of the Bayview Hunter's Point community, it's residents, and a desire to make a difference.
- Security Guard registration (preferred).
- Restorative practices and/or de-escalation training.
- Strong understanding of the theory and practice of youth development.
- Experience teaching specific content area(s).
- Ability to engage with middle school youth and build meaningful relationships with them.
- Creativity and interests in planning hands-on projects with youth.
- Team player with proven ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, and generational backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Cantonese, and Tagalog Preferred.
- Background, Fingerprint, TB clearance
- Provide documentations meets SFUSD Instructional Aid requirement or take equivalency exam..
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records