Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
We are seeking a Safety and Support Leader with multiple skills who is youth friendly, energetic, patient, and professional as well as capable and confident to support students in creating a positive and safe environment for them to succeed. Safety and Support is committed to the physical safety and emotional wellbeing of all program participants. Under the direction of the Site Coordinator, the Safety and Support Leader will secure the premises, ensure the safety of all participants as well as act as an advocate for all program participants. They will work as a team member to implement a fun, safe, and productive space for all youth after school.
- At Least 21 years of Age for the middle school programs, at least 18 years of age for the elementary school programs
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree, or a Pass on After School For All-Excel Qualification Exam (No Child Left Behind- NCLB)
- Must have experience working with youth (Elementary School)
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality After School opportunities to youth
- Must be a Team Player
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- Must be available daily M-F during after school program hours
- ES: (2:00p - 6:30p M, T, TH, F) (1p -6:30p W)
- Must be willing to participate in BI-annual evaluations and supervision meetings as needed
- Current CPR and 1st Aid certification, fingerprint and TB Test clearance
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish, English/Cantonese, English/Tagalog, English/Arabic, speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Connections in the SoMa, Tenderloin, T.I communities or the greater San Francisco Community are a bonus.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records