Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
We are seeking creative talented professional people who are serious about providing meaningful after school opportunities for youth. We need people who are flexible, who will take the initiative, who are punctual and able to make a commitment to work throughout the entire school year.
- At Least 21 years of Age for the middle school programs, at least 18 years of age for the elementary school programs
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree, or a Pass on After School For All-Excel Qualification Exam (No Child Left Behind- NCLB)
- Must have experience working with youth (Middle School or Elementary School)
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality After School opportunities to youth
- Must be a Team Player
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- Must be available daily M-F during after school program hours (1:30-6:30p)
- Must be willing to participate in BI-annual evaluations and supervision meetings as needed
- Current CPR and 1st Aid certification
- Current or must be willing to complete Health & Safety, Illness Prevention & Nutrition Training (8 hours)
- Clear TB and Health, Updated Immunization (Influenza ,Pertussis (Whooping Cough and Measles)
- Special Knowledge of Arts, Dance, Drama, or Sports preferred. -Bi-Lingual English/Spanish, English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Connections in the Fillmore, Haight-Ashbury or Western Additions neighborhoods are a bonus.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records