Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Through an extensive planning process, the YMCA of San Francisco has developed 5 key outcome areas within our strategic plan that will be critical in realizing the 2020 Vision: (1) Youth are Prepared to Succeed Academically, (2) Youth Practice Holistic, Healthy Habits, (3) Youth are Prepared for College and Careers, (4) Youth Value and Understand their Connection to Nature, and (5) Youth Actively Contribute to a Healthier Community. Each of these outcomes builds upon existing programs and the Y’s ongoing efforts to institutionalize Youth Development Supports and Opportunities (i.e. Community Involvement, Healthy Eating Physical Activity, Emotional Safety, Relationship Building, Skill Building, and Youth Participation)
The Program Development and Evaluation Director will conduct evaluation functions within the YMCA of San Francisco, including but not limited to, evaluation planning and implementation, database support, data analysis, and reporting of results. The Director will work in collaboration with the department and a variety of internal stakeholders to ensure that results derived from evaluation are leveraged to (1) drive continuous quality improvement and (2) strengthen the Y's capacity to articulate program and organizational impact. The position will report to the Program Development and Evaluation Executive. This position is fulltime Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends. Requires travel to branch locations within the Y of San Francisco’s service area, including San Francisco, Marin and San Mateo counties.
- Graduate degree in program evaluation, public policy, public health, or related field – or – Bachelor's degree in related field with minimum of 4 years of professional experience in program evaluation and/or researchAA Degree preferred
- Proficiency in social science research and design methods (qualitative and quantitative)
- Program evaluation experience; specifically within youth development and family programming
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required. Experience with statistical software (such as SPSS, SAS, or STATA) and dashboarding software (Tableau) a plus.
- Ability to clean, manipulate, and interpret raw data and perform data management and statistical analysis preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the David P. Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality PQA tool and process a plus
- Experience leading staff trainings, facilitating small groups, and/or teaching related content a plus
- The ability to build strong relationships, inspire confidence, and work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and staff
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Erik Halaas; firstname.lastname@example.org
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.