Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
The Tung Lok Early Childhood Learning Center (part of the Chinatown YMCA) is seeking experienced Preschool Teachers for the Infant & Toddler classrooms.
The Preschool Teacher is part of a team which provides a safe, nurturing, and educational environment for all children enrolled in our program at the Tung Lok Early Childhood Learning Center. The Preschool Teacher will actively participate and help plan all activities scheduled, prioritizing care for children in the Infant and Toddler classrooms. The position is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with families being served at the Tung Lok Early Childhood Learning Center. The Preschool Teacher must have a positive attitude and model appropriate behavior when dealing with infants and toddlers. The Preschool Teacher must observe and follow all regulations set forth by Community Care Licensing as well as instructions given by the Site Director.
Tung Lok Early Learning Center: 75 Vallejo St, San Francisco, 94111 (*Staff parking costs will be reimbursed up to $15/day)
- Minimum 21 years old
- Must be available Monday-Friday during program hours; ~8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Must be qualified for Child Development Teacher Permit (minimum 12 ECE core units, plus 16 GE)
- Related experience: 350+ days of 3+ hours per day within 4 years in a child care setting
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- YMCA approved CPR/First Aid certification (can get certified upon hire by YMCA training)
- Provide TB clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Submit proof of Immunizations for Influenza, Pertussis, and Measles
- Submit Physical Health Clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Fingerprint background check clearance through Community Care Licensing
- Proof of COVID Vaccination required
- Knowledge of DRDP, NAEYC, PITC, Anti-Bias Curriculum, Emergent Curriculum and Reggio Emilia
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese
- Experience working for the YMCA and in youth development
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.