Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The Preschool Teacher is part of a team providing a safe, nurturing and educational environment for all children enrolled in our program at the Stonestown YMCA. The Preschool Teacher will actively assist Head Teacher to plan, implement and participate in developmentally appropriate curriculum. They will be expected to manage the Preschool classroom with support from co-teachers, Assistant Teacher and/or Aide. The Preschool Teacher is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with families being served at the Stonestown YMCA. The Preschool Teacher must have a positive attitude and model appropriate behavior when dealing with children, families and staff. The Preschool Teacher assumes responsibility for the classroom during the Preschool Head teacher’s absence. The Preschool Teacher must also comply with and enforces all regulations set forth by Community Care Licensing, state CSPP/CDE as well as instructions given by the Site Supervisor or Head Teacher. The Preschool Teacher must be able to work year round, flexible hours based on program needs, including closing and opening shifts (i.e. 7:00am – 4:00 pm and 9:00am – 6:00pm).
- 19+ years old or older
- 24 units ECE/CD including core courses plus 16 GE units, plus 6 specialization units plus 2 adult supervision units
- 350+ days of 3+ hours per day within 4 years
- Must be available M-F 40 hours/week; Must be able to work any shifts including opening (7:00 am–4:00 pm) and closing shifts (9am–6pm) based on program needs.
- 16 hours of Health & Safety Training (8 hours of Health Safety Practices & Nutrition and 8 hours CPR & First-Aid – EMSA Specific)
- TB Test, Immunization records, Criminal Background Clearance (DOJ / FBI / Child Abuse Index) required
- Must possess or be qualified to apply for Master Teacher Permit or higher
- Master Teacher Permit or higher plus AA degree or higher in ECE or related and meet min. requirements preferred
- Bilingual skills are preferred
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act , we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.